AAC Hiring Financial Controller Position
Location: Portland, Oregon
Advanced American Construction (AAC) has a long history of unprecedented, national award-winning success in heavy civil/ marine construction. To build on our past and continue to grow, AAC is searching for an experienced, hands-on Financial Controller to lead the daily operations of our finance and accounting team and be an integral player in the senior leadership of the company. This role requires strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, commitment to producing quality work products and a clear talent for leadership. Due to recent transitions in the finance team, this role would be a great opportunity for the right candidate to build, train and lead the restructure of the finance and accounting department and shape AAC’s success going forward.
AAC takes on exciting, one-of-a-kind projects that require creative thinking and industry innovation. We are looking for candidates who are excited to find solutions and committed to providing financial and accounting support for the efficient execution of challenging projects.
About Advanced American Construction:
Founded in 1983, Advanced American Construction, Inc. (AAC) is a full service general contractor providing heavy civil/marine/industrial/diving/engineering services to public and private clients throughout the western United States. Our team meets project objectives by providing exceptional service, extensive project experience, state-of-the-art equipment and a commitment to safety. AAC supports its employees by providing continued education, offering professional growth opportunities and encouraging promotion from within the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Financial Controller is responsible for managing all finance and accounting functions including accounts payable and receivable, contract management, vendor relationships, and payroll as well as the preparation of meaningful reports, the monitoring of accounting controls and the enforcement of processes and procedures for efficient and timely data entry and processing. This role will report to the President of the company and will work closely with the senior leadership team as well as operations management to coordinate and support job reporting and timely paperwork submission.
Specific position responsibilities:
- Maintain accounting controls to verify sub-ledgers including A/P, A/R, JC and EM are balanced to General Ledger
- Provide training to staff as needed to ensure they are adequately prepared to perform and prioritize day to day tasks and understand authorities, process and requirements for the department’s responsibilities
- Maintain the utilization of the Viewpoint accounting software and full reporting output through the Viewpoint database
- Maintain cash flow projections and actuals on a weekly basis
- Manage systems to assist in controlling costs including utilizing budgets, commitments and estimates
- Establish methods to project profits and margins by job, equipment and division
- Present financial reports to senior leadership and board of directors, assist in the interpretation of reports and suggest actions accordingly
- Work with management, consultants, and finance contacts to assure adequate cash flows and lines of credit to meet business and bonding requirements
- Maintain effective and collaborative vendor, supplier, subcontract, credit and banking relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Clear ability to organize and prioritize workload, with drive toward continuous improvement; Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to learn and be part of a team
- Working knowledge and experience with Viewpoint construction software very strongly preferred
- Previous management experience required
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to HR@advanced-american.com Resumes will be reviewed and candidates identified promptly. Qualified candidates will be contacted with details for interview process.