We're Hiring: Union Journeyman Commercial Diver
Located in Portland OR, Advanced American Construction is a full-service marine contractor providing heavy civil, industrial, diving, survey, demolition, and engineering services throughout the Western United States, with a long history of unprecedented and national award-winning success. To build on our past and continue to grow, AAC is searching for an experienced Union Journeyman Commercial Diver to join our team.
The Journeyman Diver’s prime responsibility is to support construction activities by performing work as directed by the Project Manager and Dive Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Equipment set-up and breakdown
• Equipment load-out and maintenance
• Jetting / Dredging
• Dive tending
• Rack box operation
• In-water work assignments
• Decompression chamber operations
• Inspection with video documentation
• Burning/welding operation (wet or dry)
• Hand and power tool operation
• Pneumatic/hydraulic tool operation (wet or dry)
• Percussion tool operation (wet or dry)
• Saws and other cutting tools (wet or dry)
• Crane rigging and signaling (wet or dry)
• Placing flags or barricades
• Equipment spotting
• Salvage or environmental operations
• Additional duties as directed
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Must have common sense and be mentally stable and competent working in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Move heavy objects (94 lbs. or more) short distances (20’ of less).
• Move light objects (less than 94 lbs.) long distances (more than 20’).
• Work long shifts with non-standard break times.
• Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
• Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation, which takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
• Must have good hand-eye coordination.
• Must be able to hear adequately enough to receive and understand instructions, be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning.
• Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e. lifts items into a truck or overhead area).
• Climb ladders or steps to reach objects.
• Must be able to work at heights of up to 50’ or more.
• Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces.
• Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, safety-toed boots, or other applicable PPE.
• Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work areas (1/2 mile or more).
• Must be able to sit in the operator’s seat of equipment and reach all pedals, switches, levers, buttons, etc., required to safely operate the equipment.
• Must be able to sit in the operator’s seat of equipment and have an adequate field of vision of all instruments, gauges, warning lights, as well as an acceptable field of vision out of the windows/mirrors.
• Heavy equipment operation (if qualified).
• Ability to read and follow dive tables (air and nitrox), altitude tables, treatment tables, etc.
• Ability to check and maintain diving equipment such as helmets, masks, air tanks, harness, and gauges.
• Ability to clearly communicate with workers on the surface while underwater and with divers while you are running a dive station.
• Ability to cut and weld steel, using underwater welding/burning equipment, jigs, and supports.
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to construct objects, structures, dams, etc.
• Ability to travel and work for many weeks at a time away from home.
• Diploma from ADCE Compliant Commercial Dive School
• Current ADCI Certification for the type of diving being performed
• Current ADCI Compliant Dive Physical
• Current First Aid, CPR, AED, Oxygen Administration Certifications
• OSHA 10 Hour - Construction
• Valid Driver’s License with current driving record free from serious or frequent violation
Please email resume and applicable qualifications to email@example.com
Advanced American Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.