Field Engineer Position Available at AAC
Location: Portland, Oregon
Company: Advanced American Construction, Inc.
Advanced American Construction has a long history of unprecedented, national award-winning success in heavy civil/ marine construction. To build on our past and continue to grow, we are looking for a talented Field Engineer to help execute unique and challenging projects. This role is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is flexible, eager to learn, collaborative, committed to finding solutions and looking for the first step in long-term career growth. Field Engineers are offered the unique opportunity to get hands on, practical experience in project management with responsibilities on the jobsite and exposure to field operations. AAC takes on exciting, one-of-a-kind projects that require creative thinking and industry innovation. We are looking for candidates who are excited to find solutions for challenging projects.
About Advanced American Construction:
Founded in 1983, Advanced American Construction, Inc. (AAC) is a full service general contractor providing heavy civil/marine/industrial/diving/engineering services to public and private clients throughout the western United States. Our team meets project objectives by providing exceptional service, extensive project experience, state-of-the-art equipment and a commitment to safety. AAC supports its employees by providing continued education, offering professional growth opportunities and encouraging promotion from within the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Field Engineer is responsible for providing onsite value and assistance in routine project administration, scheduling and engineering for a variety of projects in heavy civil/marine construction. This role will report to the Senior Project Manager and will work closely with the project management team as well as the onsite craft foreman and superintendent to plan, coordinate and manage on-site construction activities and effectively execute the goals of the project.
Specific position responsibilities:
- Maintain, track and communicate project reporting including daily logs, equipment usage, MH tracking, safety reports, schedules and project timeline projections. Prepare regular updates to project budgets and cost reports.
- Supervise subcontractor activity on project jobsites.
- Identify issues and challenges at the jobsite and work to develop and implement solutions promptly
- Interface with related departments including operations, engineering, drafting and administration to accomplish necessary project tasks, reporting or design.
- Maintain site safety and risk management processes in accordance with AAC’s & customer safety programs.
- Participate in professional organizations to ensure updated knowledge of trends and practices within the construction industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field of study
- Availability to travel regionally as needed for business purposes; company vehicle provided for project use
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Clear ability to organize and prioritize workload, with drive toward continuous improvement
- Willingness to learn and be part of a team
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to HR@CallAAC.com Resumes will be reviewed and candidates identified promptly. Qualified candidates will be contacted with details for interview process.