Project Engineer Position Available at AAC
Location: Portland, Oregon
Company: Advanced American Construction, Inc.
Advanced American Construction has a long history of unprecedented, national award-winning success in heavy civil/ marine construction. To build on our past and continue to grow, we are looking for a talented Project Engineer to manage the execution of unique and challenging projects. This role is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is flexible, collaborative, committed to finding solutions and looking for long term career growth. AAC’s Project Engineers serve a crucial role in overseeing the planning, coordination and execution of project goals on the jobsite. AAC takes on exciting, one-of-a-kind projects that require creative thinking and industry innovation. We are looking for candidates who are excited to find solutions for challenging projects.
About Advanced American Construction:
Founded in 1983, Advanced American Construction, Inc. (AAC) is a full service general contractor providing heavy civil/marine/industrial/diving/engineering services to public and private clients throughout the western United States. Our team meets project objectives by providing exceptional service, extensive project experience, state-of-the-art equipment and a commitment to safety. AAC supports its employees by providing continued education, offering professional growth opportunities and encouraging promotion from within the organization.
Visit our website www.CallAAC.com for more information about our history, our projects and our staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Project Engineer is responsible for providing onsite value and assistance in project administration, scheduling and engineering for a variety of projects in heavy civil/marine construction. This role will report to the Senior Project Manager and will work closely with the project management team as well as the onsite craft foreman and superintendent to plan, coordinate and manage on-site construction activities and effectively execute the goals of the project.
Specific position responsibilities:
- Oversee project reporting including daily logs, equipment usage, safety reports, schedules and project timeline projections; create work in progress statements
- Execute and manage change orders, material contracts and subcontractor agreements
- Manage costs for projects and provide regular updates to monitor against project budgets
- Supervise subcontractor activity on project jobsites
- Identify issues and challenges at the jobsite and work to develop and implement solutions promptly
- Interface with related departments including operations, engineering, drafting and administration to accomplish necessary project tasks, reporting and/or design.
- Maintain site safety and risk management processes in accordance with AAC’s & the customer’s safety program
- Participate in professional organizations to ensure updated knowledge of trends and practices within the construction industry
- 1-3 years of experience in field/project engineering/management for both private and public heavy civil construction projects, preferably experience in marine construction including pile-driving, dock construction, bridge and utility work. Project estimating experience also preferred
- Experience with Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project scheduling software
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering or related field
- Availability to travel regionally as needed for business purposes
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing and a clear ability to organize and prioritize workload
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to HR@CallAAC.com Resumes will be reviewed and candidates identified promptly. Qualified candidates will be contacted with details for interview process.